Thursday, December 20, 2012

Meaningful Action: Selling my Rolex

The problem with "public" art, rather than the "private" paintings I create, is that nobody is paying me for the former.  At least not at this point in the process.  And the process is expensive.  So, in the interest of putting my money where my mouth is, I'm selling my watch.


The watch is a 2009 Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV.  The GV stands for Glace Verte, or green crystal, and it comes with original box, papers, etc.  I wear it everyday and the idea of saying goodbye to it makes me a bit queasy.  You can read a bit about it here.

A watch is just a thing, and I may use the money to buy a pick-up truck (on the side of which I will attach The PeaceWorks Project logo).  What is important, I think, is the notion of sacrifice in order to fund Meaningful Action.  And that brings me to you ...

Getting the PeaceWork Project off the ground is going to be expensive.  If it was just a couple of paintings I'd just paint them and that would be the end of it.  But there are significant hard costs involved and I would very much appreciate your help.

The easiest way to contribute is to click on PayPal and send whatever you feel is appropriate to my email address:  gvraymond@gmail.com.

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I high appreciate this post. It’s hard to find the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it! would you mind updating your blog with more information? sell tag watch

    ReplyDelete