Friday, December 28, 2012

Gun One

Gun One has arrived.

A home-made, front-loading, fairly rusty flintlock donated by Richard O. Belanger, shown here on the floor of my studio.


This was the same guy who, upon hearing about the initial rejection of my proposal by the TPD, said something along the lines of "Why even worry about the PD?  Why not just get the guns on the open market?  You can buy old, broken guns for next to nothing."

There's a certain blood-thirsty expedience to this idea, and it might be the best way to get Ball #1 underway, but I feel the message is stronger if the PeaceWork is made from confiscated criminal weapons than from donated, already non-functioning weapons.  So I'm continuing my efforts with city government (although not much gets done through the holidays), with private donations offering a parallel track.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment